"I can't imagine a world without your Brand"
Can you contemplate a customer saying that about your company? If they do, it has a massive impact on performance. See results here.
- You go to a party and see kids wearing branded shoes.
- You neighbour only ever buys one brand of car.
- You go to a great restaurant and never go back, but return to your favourite.
- You only use one car rental company.
- You only drink one type of beer.
What’s going on here? It’s more than loyalty. It’s more than satisfaction. It’s more than habit. It’s passion.
If someone is passionate about your brand, they will drive out of their way to find it. They will literally wear your logo on their sleeve. They will not entertain alternatives.
Customer service is about more than loyalty cards and nice service. It’s about making an emotional attachment.
A recent Gallup article suggest three ways to drive passion.
1) Brand Integrity – This means delivering what you promise. Your service need integrity. Which simply means, doing what you said you'd do every-single-time. I’ve written about this before but I especially love this one because my company name is Service Integrity.
2) Treat staff like people – This calls on managers to manage front-line staff with fairness and respect. My recent 4 post series “Shut up and serve customers” was all about this – see Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4
3) Resolve problems – This one is surprising. Stuff happens. If a customer has a problem, AND you resolve it quickly, your customer will be more loyal than one who does not have problems.
See related article – Exceeding the Customer’s Expectations - Not